Ph.D., Applied Linguistics, University of Lancaster, UK (1988)
Master of Arts, Linguistics, University of Manchester, UK (1982)
Bachelor of Arts, English Language, University of Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (1980)
- President, An-Najah National University (August 1998 – Present)
- Member of Board, Association of Arab and European Universities (AEUA) (February 2012 – Present)
- Member of Board, Arab Council for Training Students of Arab Universities' (ACTSAU), Association of Arab Universities (April 2012– Present)
- Member of Advisory Board, Journal of the Association of Arab Universities (April 2012 – Present)
- Vice President for Academic Affairs for the Colleges of Humanities, An-Najah National University (1995 – 1998)
- Dean, the Faculty of Arts, An-Najah National University (1992 – 1995)
- Chair, English Department, An-Najah National University (1988 – 1992)
- Instructor, English Department, An-Najah National University (1982 – 1985)
- Member of the Executive Council, the Association of Arab Universities (2008 – 2010)
- Trustee, International Academic Council (2008 – Present)
- Trustee, Yasser Arafat Foundation (2008 – Present)
- Member of Board, Yasser Arafat Foundation (February 2011 – Present)
- Trustee, Palestine International Award for Excellence and Creativity (2008 – Present)
- Trustee, Palestine Economic Policy Research Institute – MAS (2008 – February 2012)
- Member of Board, Palestinian European Academic Cooperation in Education – PEACE (2000 – 2005)
- President, Palestinian-European-American Universities Program of Academic Cooperation (2005 – 2007)
- Member of Steering Committee, Council of Arab Universities for Scientific Research
- Vice President, Palestinian Scientific Academy
- Chairman of the Board, Palestine Exchange – PEX (October 2008 – Present). He had held the same position from 2003 – 2006
- Secretary General, The Central Elections Commission in Palestine (2002 – Present)
- Member of Board, Council for the Presidents’ of Palestinian Universities
- Member, Palestinian Constitution Committee
- Member of the Steering Committee, Union of Islamic Universities (1998 – 2007)
- Member of Board, the Commission for Universities and Communities in the EuroMed Region (University EMUNI) (2009 – Present)
- Trustee, Al-Istiqlal University (Palestinian Academy for Security Sciences in Jericho) (2009 – Present)
- Vice President, Mediterranean Universities Group in Spain
- "English Word Formation and its Pedagogical Implications for EFL”, An-Najah Journal for Research, Vol. 2, No. 6, 1992, pp. 57-64.
- "Palestinian Surnames Derived from Nicknames”, Names, Vol. 40, No. 4, Dec 1992, pp. 237-252.
- "Problems and Approaches to Translation with Special Reference to Arabic”, Journal of King Saud University, Languages & Translation, Vol. 10, 1998, pp. 23-38
- “A contrastive analysis of selected English and Arabic prepositions with pedagogical implications”, Papers and Studies in Contrastive Linguistics, Vol. 28, 1993, pp. 181-190.
- “The Need for a Multi-Factor Approach in Explaining Learners Errors”, IATEFL Joint Sig Symposium, Vienna, 1993.
- “To Use or Not To Use Arabic in English Language Teaching”, An-Najah Journal for Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, 1999, pp. 285-296.
- “Contrastive Analysis of English and Arabic Relativization,” Papers and Studies in Contrastive Linguistics, Vol. 34, 1998, pp. 141-152.
- ELT Situation at the University Level in the West Bank.
- Cross-Cultural Pragmatic Failure
- Proceedings of the International Conference on “The Role of Higher Education in the Context of An-Independent Palestinian State”, An-Najah National University, 1997.
- "University English II", Experimental Edition, An-Najah National University, 1992.